Monday, September 26, 2011

When The Party's Over, How Will I Get Home?

I have that reputation. I'm a high school cliche, in most peoples eyes, and even in my own.

I'm the girl that helps everyone with everything. When your boyfriend dumps you, my shoulder comes out of no where, and is ready to soak up the tears.

Don't understand your biology homework? Come on over to Zo's desk, and she'll explain it too ya!

I get good grades for my parents to say "My daughter's straight A."

And that's great. I love making people happy and helping them feel better, and making my parents proud. There is a downside, because the other end of the cliche is that "I'm there for everyone, but no one is there for me."

When my heart hurts, no one knows what to say. When I don't know the answer, no one else does.  When I get a B, no one cuts me any slack.

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying, where's the fairness in that? I give my everything, and get not help in return. I don't want a friggin parade or anything. I just want support when I need it too. Is that so much to ask? I don't think so. It doesn't take much energy for me to help everyone.

Today's blog title is pretty fitting, huh? It's a line from a Christina Perri song. (She's the Jar of Hearts girl) The song's called Sad Song. It fits this occasion nicely.

-Zo

No comments:

Post a Comment