Monday, June 20, 2011

It's Not About the $$$

Book review time! I just read a book that has to be in my top 10! It's called, The Fortunes of Indigo Skye and is about an 18 year old waitress named Indigo, who is as happy as can be. She has a job she loves, an adorable boyfriend, and a family that may be a little crazy, but is filled with love. (Much like my own, in all honesty).

One day. a mysterious new customer starts coming into the diner she works at, and leave her a tip that changes her life forever. A tip for 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS! At first, everything's great. She can buy all sorts of things for the people she loves. Soon though, the money starts to change her just like everyone warned. She begins to feel... powerful. Like she deserves to be treated better because of it. She starts to be come like every other stuck up person with lots of money. Finally, she snaps out of it though, and realizes her family is much more important than the money.

I LOVED this book because I loved Indigo. She is amazing, sarcastic, witty, and she thinks just like me! I love her, and wish she was a real person! Everyone needs to read this book. I'm telling you, it will change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment