Saturday, October 1, 2011

Who's Afraid Of The Dark?

This is an excerpt from a fanfiction I've been writing called Free Fallin'. I really love how the dream tunred out, so I'm going to share it with you all.

I’m running, and tripping over the front of the large, 1800’s style dress I’m wearing. I come to a large lake. There’s a small rowboat tied top a rock. I decide that’s the best escape for now. Whatever’s after me can’t get me if I’m out in the middle of the lake.

Once I reach the center, I stop and relax. I’m safe at last. But from what? I can’t remember. A second boat appears through the fog, and sends my heart racing. I pick up the oars, but sop when I see Joe. He’s dressed in the same 1800’s like clothing I am.

“Sarah Jane.” He breathes, and smiles warmly.

“Joe?” I question.

What are you doing out here?”

“I’m not quite sure.” I shrug, and brush a ringlet out of my face. Joe chuckles.

“I came to tell you that I know about your mother.”

“Oh.”

“You’re going to end up just like her.” He hisses. His tone has gone from friendly to icy in an instant. I’m stunned.

“What?”

“Your mother was a chicken. A fool. She didn’t love you, and she didn’t love your father. You’re just like her. There’s no point in being with you. You’ll never love me, just like Diana never loved Christopher.”

Liar.” I shout. “I am not my mother!”

“You look just like her. You talk just like her.”

“I don’t think like her!”

“Stop playing pretend Sarah Jane. Your life will end just like your mother’s.”

“No I won’t!”


“Goodbye Sarah Jane.” Joe shrugs, and begins to row away.

“Joe! Come back!” I screech. But he doesn’t hear me. I feel my heart break, and I begin to sob in despair. The water laps against the boat, coaxing me. “No.” I tell it. “I want no part of you. I hate you. I hate you almost was much as I hate her.”

The water ignores me too, and continues to lap against the boat. Joe’s spiteful, horrible lie echoes in my mind.

You mother was a chicken. A fool. She didn’t love you and she didn’t love your father.”
The water looks very inviting just then. I stand up in the boat, pick up my skirt, and leap

No comments:

Post a Comment